Pratcher wins single-parent scholarship | Schools
Nesia Pratcher, a full-time first-year student at the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, is this year's recipient of the Jennifer L. Carson Scholarship.
Bowen graduate Bonnie Johnson organized a small group of lawyers to raise an endowment and give a scholarship each year to a single parent at Bowen. The scholarship is named to honor the dedication and accomplishment of the group's friend and classmate, Jennifer Carson, whose daughter Emily was 3 when Jennifer started in Bowen's part-time division.
In addition to giving a $1,000 scholarship each year, committee members provide practical and emotional support and help recipients to make it through their first year in law school.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled