Joey The Garden Cat post surgery update | Pets
On Monday, April 23, Joey the Garden Cat had surgery to remove a mass on the tibia of his back left leg. His surgery went well.
Dr. Terry Dew with Azzore Veterinary Specialists in Russellville removed the affected portion of Joey's tibia as well, and a bone plate was put in place for extra stability during healing process.
Joey will also have a soft wrap for extra stability and this will remain in place for 7-10 days until his follow up appointment.
The tumor and the affected bone have been sent to Dr. Doss at Doss and Hennings. We should receive the pathology results in about a week.
Joey will go home later today with me, his momma/agent, to recuperate. It could be three to four weeks until he can return to his home at Today’s THV.
Learn more about how Joey became a part of the THV family. You can also follow Joey the Garden Cat on Facebook. You can also sign up for Joey text alerts. Joey also has a line of products and the proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Pulaski County and Little Rock Animal Village.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled