CAT bus driver acquitted of negligent homicide charges | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A Little Rock bus driver has been acquitted of negligent homicide charges.
According to deputy prosecutor John Johnson, Little Rock District Judge Alice Lightle acquitted Central Arkansas Transit driver Allen Dwayne Mems, 52. Mems was charged with one count of negligent homicide after hitting David Wright in November of 2011.
Wright was crossing Louisiana St. when the westbound CAT bus turned off Capitol St., striking him. He was taken to UAMS where he was pronounced dead.
Mems told authorities that he attempted to stop the bus, but was unable to.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled