Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - We are announcing our Mom's Outdoor Oasis contest. It's your chance to win a $2,500 yard makeover from Chris Olsen and Botanica Gardens.
Here are the highlights but see the rules below for complete details:
- Nominate your mom to win the prize.
- Send us a letter with your name, address phone number and a 100 word essay describing why your mom deserves the makeover.
- Include pictures.
- You have until May 24th.
- Chris will select the winner and we will broadcast live from your house on May 30th to showcase the work going on.
- open to people in 12 counties in central Arkansas (see rules for eligible counties).
Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the "Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest'" (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of Arkansas, who reside in one of the following Arkansas counties; Pulaski, Lonoke, Saline, Jefferson, Garland, Grant, Faulkner, Conway, Perry, Hot Spring, Prairie, or White, and who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KTHV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Botanica Gardens, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to be a nominating contestant or nominee. All mothers nominated in the Contest on behalf of their respective nominators are subject to the eligibility requirements stated above for contestants. The Winner of the Contest will be the mother nominated by her respective nominating contestant and must own the property to be transformed by Botanica Gardens. The Winner must agree to permit Botanica Gardens to be present on her premises to commence the installation of the prize and have such appearance broadcast live during Sponsor's "Today'sTHV's This Morning" program airing between 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 7:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Wednesday, May 30, 2012, subject to schedule change due to weather conditions. The Winner will be invited, but is not obligated, to appear live on air during such appearance with Botanica Gardens.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, April 30, 2012 and end at 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Thursday, May 24, 2012 (the "Contest Period").
Entry: Contestants will be required to nominate their natural or adoptive mother to win the prize. To enter, contestant nominator must print their name, address, age and daytime telephone number and the name and full address of their nominated mother on a piece of paper along with an essay of 100 words or less, written in English, describing why the nominator's mother deserves to have her outdoor premises transformed with a make-over by Botanica Gardens. The premises can include a deck, porch, patio, garden, yard, or courtyard owned by your mother. The essays must be either typewritten or legibly printed in English. The entry must also include a photograph of the area addressed in the essay and may not include people, pets or animals in the photograph. All entries, including the essays and photographs must be the sole, original work of the nominating contestant, the contestant must own the copyright in the essay and photograph submitted, and neither the essay nor the photograph may have been previously published and must be written in English. Photographs may be in color or black-and-white with a minimum size of 3"x5" and a maximum size of 8"x10" and may be cropped. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. The name and address of the nominating contestant must be written on the back of each submitted photograph. Photographs must have been taken within the previous twelve (12)-month period. Sponsor and/or judges may disqualify previously published essays or photographs or those that have won previous awards or competitions, infringe on the rights of any third parties, illegible entries, entries that exceed the word limit or are not written in English, contain images of people, pets or animals in the photograph, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Only one entry per stamped envelope. Entries must be post-marked by Saturday, May 19, 2012 and received by Sponsor by 5:00 p.m. (C.T) on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
Entries should be mailed to:
Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest
c/o Today's THV
720 S. Izard St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries, or any part thereof, in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to contestants.
4. Winner Selection. Either Chris Olsen or another representative from Botanica Gardens will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: 50% creativity and originality of essay and 50% on suitability of the submitted premises for transformation by Botanica Gardens. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the best score. Judging will conclude on Thursday, May 24, 2012 and the mother nominated by the nominating contestant with the highest score will be designated the Winner. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds. The Winner will receive a transformation of the submitted premises by Botanica Gardens, including a design created by Chris Olsen, or any other consultant selected by Botanica Gardens, utilizing landscape materials provided by Botanica Gardens, which may include; trees, plants, flowers, shrubs, soil, mulch, stone, pots, and other landscape materials. The design and materials will be solely determined by Botanica Gardens (ARV $2,500.00).
Botanica Gardens will commence the installation of the Prize on the Winner's premises during a live broadcast of Sponsor's "Today'sTHV's This Morning" program airing between 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 7:00 a.m. (C.T.) on Wednesday, May 30, 2012. Sponsor and/or Botanica Gardens reserves the right to reschedule such appearance due to weather conditions. The Winner will be invited, but is not obligated, to appear live on air during such appearance with Botanica Gardens
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winner will be notified on or about Thursday, May 24, 2012 at the telephone number provided on winner's entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the prize, the Winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 720 South Izard St., Little Rock, AR 72201 (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (C.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (C.T.) weekdays) within two (2) business days after such notification to receive a prize voucher and sign the affidavit of eligibility/release and publicity release, which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Due to the nature of living plants as part of the Prize and outdoor locations necessary for the performance of the prize, no warranty will be given regarding the prize materials or design. Sponsor is not responsible for the design, materials or work performed by Botanica Gardens.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The KTHV "Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest" is sponsored by KTHV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after May 31, 2012 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.todaysTHV.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), THV Mom's Outdoor Oasis Contest, 720 S. Izard Street, Little Rock, AR 72201. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Shayla Teater at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 501-244-4604.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Affordable Care Act enrollment opportunity at the Laman Library
- Artist INC Artists Exhibit Talent While Raising Funds for Art Connection
- NLRPD'S 11th annual 'Shop with a Cop'
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled
- Two NLR neighborhoods to hold planning meetings for recently awarded Jump Start grants