Woman dies after accident | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A woman succumbs to her injuries after getting into an accident in Little Rock.
Police say they responded to an accident on Mablevale Cutoff just before the Aston St. intersection. The driver and passengers in the 2008 Sienna minivan were not seriously injured and refused treatment.
The driver of the 1993 Ford Escort, Haven Helmcamp, 34, was too injured to speak and was taken to a local hospital. When police went to the hospital to follow up with Helmcamp, medical personnel said Helmcamp's condition was upgraded to critical and had been taken to surgery. They also told police they found what appeared to be a marijuana pipe in her jeans' pocket. It was taken into evidence.
Helcamp was pronounced dead at 6:26 p.m.
According to the police report, Helcamp was driving a curve when she crossed the double yellow line and hit the minivan head on.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled