18-year-old caught in crossfire after MLK parade | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Police are investigating the shooting of a young girl after the MLK marade in downtown Little Rock.
Police say a group of girls got into a fight at the MLK parade in downtown Little Rock. The girls moved their argument to an alley at Wolfe and Battery near 18th Street.
The girls tell police then a silver car and a pickup truck pulled into one end of the alley. They say someone in one of the vehicles started firing at people at the other end of the alley and the girls say they were caught in the crossfire because they were in the middle.
The girls say the shooting didn't have to do with them. Lt. Terry Hastings with LRPD says this story varies from what police were told earlier.
The victim is an 18-year-old woman and police say she is stable.
Stay with Today's THV and todaysthv.com for more on this developing story.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public meeting scheduled for discussion on widening Mabelvale Cutoff, Scott Hamilton Dr.
- LRPD, Target holding Shop with a Cop event Dec. 14
- Chase Brown gets a helping hand from Arkansas Voices for the Children Left Behind
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert