Murder, kidnapping suspect ordered to mental health treatment | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - There will be no immediate trial for a man accused of killing his parents and then kidnapping his 12-year-old sister.
On Monday, Judge Barry Sims ordered Antonio Whitlow to 10 months of mental health treatment. Whitlow is scheduled to return to court on Dec. 16, when the judge will decide whether he is competent to stand trial.
Whitlow, diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, is accused of killing his parents, Bobby and Annette Whitlow, in 2012 shortly after his mother's 65th birthday celebration. Officers said he also kidnapped his 12-year-old sister and took her to Memphis.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled