Little Rock man arrested for public intox, disorderly conduct | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Authorities say the vice chairman of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission has been arrested on public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges.
Lonoke County Sheriff John Staley said Wednesday that Rick Watkins was arrested Tuesday evening on the two misdemeanor charges and has since been released.
Staley says Watkins was intoxicated and shooting a pistol in a rural part of the county. Staley says Watkins wasn't shooting at anyone and was cooperative with authorities who were called to the scene.
Commission spokesman Keith Stephens called the incident "a very serious matter" and said the agency is waiting to see how the situation unfolds before making any further statements.
Gov. Mike Beebe named Watkins to the commission. His seven-year term expires in 2014.
Watkins didn't return a phone message left Wednesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled