Former LRPD officer formally charged with manslaughter | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - According to James Law Firm, former Little Rock Police officer Josh Hastings has been formally charged with manslaughter.
The firm confirmed that Hastings is now charged with manslaughter, which is a class C felony. The case has been assigned to the 5th division in Judge Wendell Griffin's court.
Hastings is still out on bond, and the law firm said their plan is to plead not guilty and get a trial.
The former officer's manslaughter charges come after 15-year-old Bobby Moore was killed by a bullet fired from Hastings' gun.
Little Rock Police said Hastings witnessed two people break into a car and tried to get away with a third person driving. They said Hastings fired fired the shot because he felt his life was threatened when the suspects' vehicle came toward him.
For more information on this story, read the following links:
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled