Rev. Johnson steps down from Stop the Violence | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Reverend Benny Johnson stepped down Wednesday from Stop the Violence. He announced that for health reasons he will relieve his duties effective immediately.
Wednesday he talked about his passion for Little Rock and making a difference in the lives of others. He said this was tough a decision, but after 22 years, it was time to move on.
"I mean it's just rough giving this up, but it's something that I have to do," said Johnson.
Rev. Benny created the group in 1991 to stop black on black crime after a death at a local area high school due to gang violence.
Walter Cochran will take over as the new director.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public meeting scheduled for discussion on widening Mabelvale Cutoff, Scott Hamilton Dr.
- LRPD, Target holding Shop with a Cop event Dec. 14
- Chase Brown gets a helping hand from Arkansas Voices for the Children Left Behind
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert