Little Rockers Kids Marathon: March 2, 2013 | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - For the 10th year in a row, THV 11 is partnering with the Little Rock Marathon and Arkansas Children's Hospital to host the Little Rockers Kids Marathon. This year's event takes place on Saturday, March 2. The goal is to get children moving, and in turn, to live healthier lives.
The mission of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon is to give children, ages 7-12, the opportunity to enhance their physical activity while focusing on reaching a goal. The hope is to motivate children to commit to a physical routine, which will allow them to experience the overall benefits of achieving their goals, not only in crossing the finish line but in life as well.
Little Rockers Kids Marathon encourages children to become more active by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program. The goal for each child is to complete at least 25.2 miles before the first weekend in March. On race day, children will complete their last mile on the official Little Rock Marathon course. As each child crosses the finish line, they receive their official finisher's medal.
- WATCH: Little Rockers 2012 Video
To read more about getting involved in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon, visit its website with more information.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled