Donations continue rolling into Humane Society | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - When that big snowstorm came in Christmas Day, people everywhere jumped to help both their neighbors and some of our abandoned four-legged friends, and that help is still rolling in to the Humane Society of Pulaski County.
You may remember that they they lost power and didn't have enough bedding to keep the animals warm. Donations began to pour in from generators to food to blankets, and Tuesday, another big truckload came in courtesy of Metropolitan National Bank.
The bank chose the Humane Society for its charity this year, and all the branches in central Arkansas donated so much that it took a U-Haul to get everything there.
"When we get to come out and make these donations, it is, it's a feel good; it does boost morale. Everybody really gets behind it, and we're just proud to be able to help out," exclaimed Barry Jackson the Metropolitan National Bank Marketing Manager.
Metropolitan employees aren't the only ones who donated the food, dog houses and bedding. Their families, friends and even customers pitched in, too.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled