Harrison's Crockett 'outraged' over negative KKK publicity | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Jeff Crockett, mayor of Harrison, Arkansas, resents Harrison being considered the headquarters of the Klu Klux Klan. Crockett will set the record straight.
Crockett will be keynote speaker at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission's "Day of Service Celebratory and Service Component," celebrating King's birthday at Philander Smith College on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at noon to 2 p.m.
Crockett will speak about 15-20 minutes. Governor Mike Beebe and Attorney General Dustin McDaniel will be in attendance to make a few comments.
Most importantly, Crockett's message emphasizes on Dr. King's birthday and his vision for the Community of Man, ending Racism, importance of Civil Rights, Justice and Freedom, Faith and Religion, Nonviolence, and Peace in America for the 21st Century.
Crockett is looking forward to the visit and speak at Philander Smith College.
For more information, contact the MLK Jr. Commission at 501-683-1300.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled