LR Judges, City Directors sworn in on New Year's Day | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The City of Little Rock conducted its swearing-in ceremony on New Year's Day.
Five officials took their oaths of office Tuesday morning in the rotunda of City Hall.
Those individuals include:
Ret. Judge John Plegge swore-in Judge Alice Lightle, Little Rock District Court First Division
Judge Wiley Branton Jr. swore-in Judge Vic Fleming, Little Rock District Court Second Division
Judge Wiley Branton Jr. swore-in Judge Mark Leverett, Little Rock District Court Third Division
Judge Van Smith swore-in City Director Brad Cazort
Judge Patti James swore-in City Director Joan Adcock
Ret. Judge John Plegge swore-in City Director Gene Fortson
Mayor Mark Stodola provided the welcome and closing remarks. Reverend Mary Vano of St. Margaret's Episcopal Church delivered the invocation.
A reception followed the ceremony at the Robinson Center Music Hall.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled