LR bank robbery suspect arrested, charged | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Police have captured the man wanted in connection with a bank robbery that happened Thursday morning.
Sgt. Cassandra Davis with the Little Rock Police Dept. said Darrell Simpson went into the Metropolitan Bank, located at 5601 S. University Ave., about 9:45 a.m.
Simpson, 49, reportedly told workers that he had a gun but never showed one. He was driving a blue/silver pickup truck with construction equipment in the back and the left back tire was a spare.
Simpson was taken into custody before 4 p.m. He is charged with one count each of aggravated robbery and theft of property.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled