Thousands awarded to UDDC to improve UALR neighborhoods | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Banking officials from the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) awarded thousands of dollars for neighborhood improvement.
FHLB awarded the University District Development Corporation (UDDC) $18,000 to make improvements to surrounding neighborhoods and to get qualified home buyers into houses.
For three years the UDDC has tried to get this competitive grant money, and now it's theirs.
The corporation can improve the overall quality of life for those living in about 3.5 square miles surrounding UALR's campus.
"As we look at this legacy neighborhood....well worth the investment," said Sen. Joyce Elliot, (D) Little Rock.
On top of this grant district director Ron Copeland said local banks are chipping in as well and giving the district another $6,000.
Over the last five years, the UDDC has improved 36 houses and brought in roughly $150,000 to the area.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public meeting scheduled for discussion on widening Mabelvale Cutoff, Scott Hamilton Dr.
- LRPD, Target holding Shop with a Cop event Dec. 14
- Chase Brown gets a helping hand from Arkansas Voices for the Children Left Behind
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert