Students collect canned food for charity | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - As we get set to spend time with friends and family on this holiday, we cannot forget about those less fortunate.
Dawn Scott was at the State Fairgrounds Tuesday, and she found some generous hearts out there.
Students from Amboy Elementary in North Little Rock met to help others and made the time to collect food to take food over to the Amboy Pantry on Auburn Street.
In all, the students collected more than 16,000 canned food items, and Director of the Food Pantry Rita Holman said they welcome the kids each year.
"We serve all of Little Rock and Maumelle, and they [residents] get to come once a month and get food," she said.
The pantry started serving the community in 2000.
Lakewood Middle School also contributed 800 cans.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled