Students collecting donations for Sandy victims | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Thousands of people on the east coast are still trying to get back on their feet after Sandy, and this weekend, students at the Clinton School of Public Service are doing their part to help.
More than 60 students will fill a tractor trailer full of non-perishable food items, blankets and diapers to send to New York to help in the relief effort.
Organizer Gregg Potter said the team will donate the collected items to the New York Food Bank and local churches.
"The Rockaways have actually been hit pretty hard. They were the first on Long Island to get hit, and they have had the most uphill battle in trying to get resources," said Potter.
Students will be at the Clinton School from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday collecting items.
For more information, visit clintonschool.uasys.edu.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled