Closures at Big Rock to reopen by Thanksgiving | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Highway crews will close travel lanes and two exits at the Big Rock interchange as crews restripe the roadway and hang steel. The areas should reopen by Thanksgiving.
Some southbound lanes on Interstate 430 and the exit to Markham Street will close Thursday for restriping.
Workers will close the ramp from eastbound Financial Center Parkway to northbound I-430 from Friday night until Monday as they hang a new I-430 offramp.
Work also continues on Financial Center Parkway and Shackleford Road in the construction area, and restriping is set for those roads plus I-630 on Monday and Tuesday.
The highway department says it doesn't plan any more traffic shifts or lane closures through the holidays.
The intersection is the state's busiest. Work will continue on the $124 million project through 2014.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Arkansas will provide free shoes to children in need
- Military Museum to host Holiday Concert
- Lisa Academy Charter School collecting shoes for Soles4Souls
- Christmas in the Quarter Celebrates 10th Anniversary Sunday
- A “Belew Christmas” at Wildwood Park for the Arts cancelled